You probably know by now that radio personality and full-time Beyoncé stan Anele Mdoda became a mom to baby Alakhe last year.
But what you might not have picked up on yet is how good Alakhe is at simply living his best life. While others post motivational ‘YOLOs’ and ‘LIVE LOVE LAUGHs’ on social media, he just goes out and lives.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, forget Oprah and Sheryl. Here are a few of the lessons Alakhe has taught us:
1. Alakhe knows that the key to having a productive day is to wake up with a smile. Greet the day ahead with positivity.
2. He’s learned that life is like a box of Turkish Delight – sometimes it gets messy, but you just have to grab everything you can.
3. He knows that self-reflection and selfies are important in equal measure.
4. When his friends want to be closer to the screen, Alakhe supports them because he knows that they’ll have his back too.
5. He knows that making a good first impression is important, and never shies away from a good skincare product.
6. Alakhe doesn’t settle. Why sit on a chair, when you can sit on a head?
7. Some days you will need help standing up, and that’s okay.
8. It’s not who wins the fight that matters, it’s that you tried your best.
A photo posted by zintathu (@zintathu) on
9. Again, Alakhe doesn’t settle for anything less. Why sleep on a pillow when you could sleep on mom’s arm?
10. And most importantly, Alakhe is not afraid to think differently. Where others see a tap, he sees an opportunity to do a taste test.