Another awards event, this time the American Music Awards, and another batch of people dressed rather remarkably. These are the looks which got our attention. Expect a whole lotta shine, brilliant all black looks and a red tulle surprise. (Also, would it be an awards show without at least one naked dress?!)
1. Mermaid scales or holographic sequins? Either way, fabulously sparkly.
2. A more daring, but not less shiny (well, almost) look is this silver chained get up.
3. Ashlee Simpson does rainbow sparkles too, but with a dress that doesn’t give much away.
4. Continuing with the shine to one of the most popular awards style dresses: the naked dress, this time with a halter neck and striped train.
5. Taking inspiration from a tie dye print or peacock’s plume, Heidi Klum is giving some serious 70’s vibes.
6. Now, moving into the 90’s, a strapless black mesh dress (with added sparkles, of course) shows Bebe Rexha’s curvaceous figure.
7. With Demi Lovato taking a similar, but slightly more evening approach.
8. However, black mesh does indeed come in all forms. Such as in this a-line dress with lace, feathers and a peek-a-boo skirt.
9. The next metamorphosis of this trend; with Khelani’s look. More peek-a-boo, more lace and a whole lot more sass.
10. On to the LBD, in multiple versions. An asymmetric mini dress with bold silver buttons.
11. Or taking inspo from a leather bike jacket, with all the zips and pockets known to man, for Selena’s ensamble.
12. Ciara also chose leather, matching snakeskin thigh-high boots to her snakeskin wrap dress.
13. The LBD transforms into the LBS (little black suit, duh) for Hailee Steinfeld’s all black look.
14. And a textured jumpsuit with leather corset belt is an interesting look on Maia Mitchell.
15. A tiered red tulle dress on Julia Michaels…
16. and our fave punk princess Pink, is fun elegance.
17. Whilst Kelly Rowland goes for all sleeves and embroidered bodice, with a slit that shows legs for daaaaays!
18. Yara Shadidi does quirky cool with embellished shorts and incredible silver platforms.
19. Last but certainly not least, it wouldn’t be a party without…
20. some extra-ordinary and totally fabulous Ross’s!