As autumn arrives, it’s time to relax into winter wear and look forward to more time spent indoors. Less events means less need for fancy ‘dos – here are some simple, easy styles you can try to complement your winter wardrobe.
Try these simple,fuss-free styles to keep you looking and feeling good.
The knotted ponytail
- Section your hair in half from ear to ear
- Start with the top half of your hair, by splitting down the middle into two sections and tie them into a knot (like you would shoelaces)
- Then section the bottom half of your hair, just like the top only now combine each side with one of the ends from the topknot
- Take the bottom sections and now tie another knot. Secure with a hair tie and voila
Twisted low bun
- Part your hair as you would usually wear it. Take an inch of hair and start twisting it away from your face, down toward the nape of your neck.
- Secure with a bobby pin and do the same with the other side
- Gather the twists and the rest of your hair together and secure with a hair tie
- Now, twist your ponytail and coil it around your hair tie. Secure with bobby pins
- For something different, add a hair barrette or cross-over bobby pins on the side of your head for a DIY chic look
Dutch braids into a ponytail
- Centre part your hair and comb your hair down on each side
- Start braiding the right side from your front hair line down to the nape of your neck. Repeat on the other side.
- At the nape of your neck, tie both braids together to create a low ponytail
- Add soft curls with a curling wand for a relaxed look
The messy side ponytail
- Side-part your hair to your desired side
- Lightly spray with a texturising product or scrunch in a serum
- Gently pull your hair to the nape of your neck and secure with a hair tie
- Remember the messier the better. Pull out pieces around your ears and at the temples of your head to add a little sultry feel.
We recommend Pantene 24hr Frizz Fighter R74.99 to keep your hair in place.