On Saturday at the US Open, Sloan Stephens won her first Grand Slam title against Madison Keys in competition for the $3,7 million (over R47 million) prize. Sloan won 6-3, 6-0 after a foot injury left her sidelined for almost a year. The 24-year-old tennis champion said some frank and hilarious things after her phenomenal win. Here are five our favourite Sloan quotes:
1. ‘Shut the front door. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me before. Oh, my God. That’s a stat. Snaps for me.’
The athlete went on to snap her fingers for herself.
2. ‘So when I was taking my pictures, I was worried about my boob sweat because I was like. “This is a picture they are probably going to use and I look terrible”.’
We appreciate the honesty.
3. ‘Did you see that cheque that lady handed me? Like, yes. Man, if that doesn’t make you want to play tennis, I don’t know what will.’
4. ‘I’m totally not going to graduate. I haven’t done any work for two weeks… My professors actually texted me, so maybe they’ll let me, you know, slide.’
We think they’ll understand.
5. ‘There are no words to describe how I got here, the process it took or anything like that because if you told someone this story, they’d be, like, “That’s insane”.’
Sloan after her victory with her trophy, on the floor, celebrating the best day ever:
BEST. DAY. EVER. 🇺🇸🏆 pic.twitter.com/R8ARc09Qwb
— Sloane Stephens (@SloaneStephens) September 10, 2017
Congratulations to this star! What a win. What a fave.